Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Secret Circle: Jake Jake Jake Jake Adam

I want to love someone on Secret Circle but I just don't.

Chris Zylka The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Love me. Love me. Saaaay that you love me. Chris Zylka The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
Jake Armstrong is written as a somewhat angsty character. He's got a dead family, he's tortured by the fact that he's a witch, he's completely self loathing and occasionally murderous. But trust me, as someone who's tried to get screencaps that aren't TOTALLY interchangeable, homeboy doesn't do much acting-wise.

Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Jake's douche face Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Jake's angry face Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Jake's slighly amused face Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Jake's sad face? Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Jake's knocked-out face Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong Really...just Jake's face Chris Zylka on The Secret Circle Jake Armostrong
The angstiest character in the world can be written, and if a suitable guy isn't cast in the role, it won't make a difference. 

Thomas Dekker, on the other hand, can act. I swear. I remember it from Heroes and The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I have a feeling his wimpy my-girlfriend-left-me tears are all because he's capable of displaying emotion on his face and he wants to show off. I want more for his character and I want Chris Zylka to just always be in crazy mode. Because all his other emotions are identical. 

I can act! I swear! Give me something to act!
Let go of my head.
Maybe when they come back in January, they'll have revitalized everything. Maybe they'll introduce four new guys who are all awesome, angsty, acting gods. Maybe Chris Zylka will have, I don't know...studied Ian Somerhalder and learned how to brood in a sexy way rather than a wooden way. I keep saying this, but I know Secret Circle could be engaging. It just needs more interesting characters being played by better actors. And hot guys never hurt.

1 comment: