Thursday, December 29, 2011

Angst Initiate: Jason DiLaurentis of Pretty Little Liars

I am SO glad Pretty Little Liars recast Jason DiLaurentis. I'm sorry to all you Parker Bagley fans out there, but he just oozed too much douche-bag for my taste. Drew Van Acker, however, I can get behind.

Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars
I don't want it to seem like I'm totally obsessed with hair, (too late, huh?) but they've given Jason the same haircut Griffin was rocking back in the early 90s on Party of Five. It's a weird choice and I sort of wish they'd change it.

Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars
What I love about Jason so far is how enigmatic they've kept him. When they finally did reveal that he was worried he had actually killed Alison, that was pretty angsty and I felt for him. Plus... he might have done it. Also, he made a comment about his parents thinking that the wrong kid had died. I mean - COME ON. Angst Central.

Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars
Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars
Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars
Coupled with the budding tension of a forbidden romance with Aria (only forbidden because she's already wrapped up in a different forbidden romance...) and I'm on board.

Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis shirtless with Aria on Pretty Little Liars
Maybe when they finally get around to demystifying Jason, I'll be less enthusiastic about him. But for now, I'm happy with the moodiness and his chemistry with Aria. In reality, Ezra would probably be the best boyfriend material possible, but who cares about reality? I crave the screwed up. Hopefully the show screws things up good and angsty when it returns next week. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Where do the last picture come from? Season 3?

    ReplyDelete