Friday, December 16, 2011

Angst Initiate: Once Upon A Time's Graham the Huntsman

It's been nothing but Tate Tate Tate Tate Tate for the last few days and, as much as I hate to admit it, I need a mini-breather. What better way to escape the land of twisted ghouls and bloody death than with a happy little jaunt to fairytale land?

Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham on Once Upon A Time
Jamie Dornan as the Huntsman on Once Upon A Time
Oh wait. Happy? Screw happy.

Jamie Dornan as the Huntsman on Once Upon A Time
This guy - Jamie Dornan - is attractive. And now he's dead. Stupid television.

Jamie Dornan as the Huntsman on Once Upon A Time
Jamie Dornan as the Huntsman on Once Upon A Time
Sunday night, I was wallowing in the depths of despair thanks to Mr. Darmody over on Boardwalk Empire. I hoped Once Upon A Time would brighten my mood. But I was wrong. Thanks to Once Upon A Time's trip to depression land, this will probably be the only post I get to write on poor Graham. I'm hoping maybe I'm wrong - IMDb does claim he's in 21 episodes - but we all know IMDb isn't totally reliable when it comes to that.

Jamie Dornan as the Huntsman on Once Upon A Time
Jamie Dornan as the Huntsman on Once Upon A Time
On the surface, I think Graham was probably the angstiest character on Once Upon A Time. In fairy land, his parents abandonded him as he was raised by wolves. He dislikes and distrusts people.

In Storybrooke, he doesn't feel. Yeah. That's what I said. He doesn't feel. And in this instance, they mean that completely literally. He is incapable of feeling emotion. That sucks.

I am, however, totally capable of feeling confusion. 
Why can't he feel? Because the evil queen took his heart (again, literally) when he refused to kill Snow White. So she has complete control over him. Maybe it's just me, but I find the lack of feeling or free will totally sexy.

Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham on Once Upon A Time
Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham on Once Upon A Time
As all good angst creators know, the way to unfreeze a frozen heart is by tossing around a little bit of hugs and comfort from the lady folk. Enter Emma. A bit of kissing, a bit of heart touching, and I was totally into the Emma/Graham thing.

Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham on Once Upon A Time
La La la. Happy happy happy.
Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham dies on Once Upon A Time
Oh wait, DEATH. Couldn't just leave well enough alone, could you Once Upon A Time? You finally get me interested in a second attractive male and you have to immediately off him. Sigh. How much fictional loss is a girl expected to take in one week?

2 comments:

  1. Alas, poor Huntsman, we barely knew ye!
    Yep. Sigh. WTF. They go and make this character more interesting and -*squeeze*-it's off to deadsville you go! (I am resisting the urge to pun.) Really, why would they do this? I call it bad planning. Here's to hoping that IMDB is right. 'Cus though this show isn't bad, I am/was waiting for the Snow/David thing, I *was* waiting for the Emma/Graham thing to take hold...but please. They need to give us something to really dig into that sticks, amirite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This show makes me a little nervous now that they've killed off Graham. Like really? How was that a good idea!?!? I'm interested so see how things intensify for Regina and Emma. I fee like those two are ready for a serious smackdown.

    ReplyDelete