Thursday, January 26, 2012

Angst Initiate (I Guess): Pretty Little Liars Tobby Cavanaugh

I don't like Toby. I never have. I never will. I feel bad for saying this because he's a person and all - but Keegan Allen sucks. He can't act and he's really weird looking. You have to be either super hot or super talented and I'm sorry but he's neither. Plus, he always looks like he's smelling something foul.

Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh on Pretty Little Liars
The character of Toby is probably the angstiest on the show. He had a weird psudeo-incest thing with Jenna, the whole town thought he was an evil murderer, he drove a motor cycle, had money issues, and now he's been injured and dumped. He should be the best. But he's totally the worst.

Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh on Pretty Little Liars
Oh if he were played by someone more awesome. There must be PLL fans out there who like him. Where are you, oh Keegan Allen devotees? Come. Defend him. Teach me the errors of my ways.

Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh on Pretty Little Liars
I've actually ran into Keegan Allen three times in reality. Isn't that weird? We seem to see the same movies, eat brunch in the same spots, and shop in the same grocery store. It makes me feel a wee bit bad for trashing him. But he's making bank and I doubt he reads The Angst Report, so what do I care?*

Keegan Allen as Toby Cavanaugh on Pretty Little Liars
On a separate note, Tyler Blackburn looked good in this scene:

Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers on Pretty Little Liars
Maybe I'm getting used to that hair, or maybe they styled it a little different, but I thought he looked less like a butch-woman in this episode.

Sigh. I wish they'd stop spending all their angst on Toby and give it to Caleb instead. Toby can't pull it off. Or better yet, bring back Jason DiLaurentis! Give Jason to Spencer if Aria can't handle him. Just keep Toby gonesville.

*If Keegan Allen does stumble upon The Angst Report: What up Keegan Allen! Hope you enjoyed that meal you had at Cafe Verona that time. And also that time you saw Hanna at The Grove. 

3 comments:

  1. i think toby/ keegan is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! Someone else who thinks Keegan Allen is unattractive AND an absolutely horrible actor. It's even worse now that he knows he's on the A-Team. Keegan literally ruins every single scene he is in with his monotonic voice. Even Troian Bellisario's amazing skills can't save a Spencer/Toby scene. Oh, and don't get me started on Toby/Emily scenes because Shay Mitchell is almost as bad as Keegan. I don't get why Marlene King is so in love with this man and this character. The absolute worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bugging me throughout the entire show! His scene's are so awkward and not a spark of talent to be spotted. I really dont think he's cute either, lol the part where you said he smells foul things cracked me up xD They should get rid of him, he notches the level of acting down to 0 on that show.
    sometimes i even skip is awkward, same face, same voice scene's. I realized they just annoy me. :[

    ReplyDelete