Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pretty Little Liars Winter Premiere: I Want More Angst!

Pretty Little Liars came back this past Monday and I have to admit, I was totally underwhelmed.

Check me out with my lady-do. 
Caleb got a haircut. He's not exactly the picture of masculinity is he?

Caleb and Hanna kiss on Pretty Little Liars Tyler Blackburn Ashley Marin screencap
It's like the Powers That Be over at PLL don't realize that 99.4% of their viewing audience is female. Why would a show that's aimed so directly at the gals have so few moments with the sexy boys? I guess it doesn't really matter; they certainly have no trouble in the ratings. But imagine the fun that could be had if the boys had equal screen-time.

Tyler Blackburn as Caleb Rivers on Pretty Little Liars screencap
Caleb looks most masculine when he's leaning against things. He should lean more often.

Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz on Pretty Little Liars after getting punched screencap
And Ezra! He finally grew a pair and told Aria's parents that he's a sexual predator.  He should be hit in the face more often because it's definitely his most interesting look.

Ian Harding as Ezra Fitz on Pretty Little Liars
The feminist in me is glad that there's a show about proactive teenage girls who aren't all cookie-cutter sexbots. The much bigger, less socially conscious part of me wishes there were hot guys everywhere doing hot angsty things hotly. But, at the end of the day, I might just have to accept that this show is about the chicks and the dudes are always going to be in the backseat. Maybe one day they'll be in the backseat shooting up heroin. Dare to dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment