Friday, January 6, 2012

Vampire Diaries: Now That's What I Call Angst! Volume 10

 I am such a GIRL when it comes to this show. I love love love Damon and Elena. I just can't help it.

Damon smolders into Elena's face in order to reassure her
First of all, he is just so damn hot. Those eyes! That hair! That jaw-line!

Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore on The Vampire Diaries Winter Premiere
And Damon is such a fun character. He's spent years and years playing second fiddle to Stefan. And now, when it seems like Elena might be letting Stefan go, Damon does the honest thing and tells her the truth: that Stefan only betrayed them to save Damon's life. He didn't need to tell her. He could have kept her for himself. But he's just too damn good. And now he can continue to be tortured!

Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore on The Vampire Diaries
And then this! An actual Elena-not-Katherine-Damon-isn't-dying kiss! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Damon and Elena kiss on The Vampire Diaries Winter Premiere
Damon and Elena kiss on The Vampire Diaries Winter Premiere

Damon and Elena kiss on The Vampire Diaries Winter Premiere
Damon and Elena kiss on The Vampire Diaries Winter Premiere
Damon needs someone to choose him over Stefan. That's what I ultimately wish for his character. I mean, he's not exactly Quasimoto. You'd think after a hundred plus years, he'd win a popularity contest or two. But the girls he wants always want his brother more. Come on. Do they not have eyes?

Damon and Elena kiss on The Vampire Diaries Winter Premiere
I love that The Vampire Diaries always has stuff going on. So many shows with full, twenty-something episode seasons cram their middle hours with filler like alternate reality or musical episodes that have no actual bearing on the show. Vampire Diaries doesn't do that. It's always moving in a direction, and the characters are always planning and scheming. It's like a never ending chess game and I appreciate the complexity of watching the pieces. I look forward to more movement on the Delena front.

Oh! And WTF with Jeremy? We'll have to talk about that later...

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted about Damon because I was certain that the real angst of this episode was all about Jeremy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that.

    Not that I'm complaining, though. Damon screencaps are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well, I do love Damon since day 1 but Elena, I'm sorry she pisses me off, big time! It's like Bella -from Twilight-, no personality at all!

    ReplyDelete