Monday, February 20, 2012

The Lying Game: Ethan Fought The Law, And The Law Won

Oh, Lying Game. You have made me very sad indeed.

Blair Redford as Ethan Whitehorse on The Lying Game
They did two things last week that I am less than thrilled with.

Blair Redford as Ethan Whitehorse on The Lying Game
 1) They had Ethan make up with his dad which essentially ends the angst potential on that front. Maybe one day they'll bring back his mom and torture him that way.

Blair Redford as Ethan Whitehorse on The Lying Game
2) More importantly, they hooked him up with Sutton. Nooooooo!

Blair Redford as Ethan Whitehorse and Alexandra Chando as Sutton Mercer on The Lying Game Ethan and Sutton
Ugh. I hate it. They did their best to make it seem plausible. Sutton was being charming and helping him make up with his dad. She had a few moments of honesty, which seems to be the ultimate aphrodisiac for dear Mr. Whitehorse. And he had a micro-moment where Emma didn't give him every ounce of her attention (of corse, only to protect him.) But even so, GAH!!

Blair Redford and Alexandra Chando on The Lying Game Ethan Whitehorse and Sutton Mercer kiss make out
As I've said before, the thing I like best about Ethan and Emma is that Emma won. Emma was chosen over Sutton. It's the way I want Damon to be chosen over Stefan. It's not just the triangle thing; I actually don't believe love triangles are as intrinsically awesome as the rest of the planet seems to. For me, it's more of an underdog thing. I want the one who never wins to finally win. And The Lying Game gave me that. But now they've taken it away. And even if they ultimately have him get with Emma, she can't really ever trust he won't go back to Sutton. It's too late. They've ruined him.

Blair Redford and Alexandra Chando on The Lying Game Ethan Whitehorse and Sutton Mercer kiss make out
On a totally separate note, I find it so amusing that either way, the couple is Alexandra Chando and Blair Redford. I could just pretend it's Emma and Ethan in those pictures. She's one lucky girl because it seems Blair Redford is going to be exclusively hers during the duration of this show. Way to go Alexandra Chando. I both love and hate your characters. Kudos on being one of the only leading ladies on a teen-based shows that I can stand.

Oh... and this happened too:

Blair Redford as Ethan Whitehorse gets arrested on The Lying Game
Blair Redford as Ethan Whitehorse gets arrested on The Lying Game
Maybe he'll get raped in prison. That'd definitely be angsty. Too far? 

No comments:

Post a Comment