Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Gone But Not Forgotten: Angel in Buffy Episode "What's My Line Part 2"

Oh, Angel. Sexy sexy. 

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
The only reason "What's My Line Part 2" makes my list of top angsty Angel episodes is because he's shirtless, helpless, and tied up in nearly every scene. This was the first time my young heart realized how much I adored tortured tv boys.

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
The episode opens with Angel trapped in a cage, slowly being weakened by the sunlight. Sad, pathetic, alone. Mere moments before he goes poof, he's dragged out by his ankles and dropped down a sewer. Unfortunately, he then finds himself in the hands of evildoer Spike who plans to use him to restore Drusilla to health. 

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
Drusilla's crazy so she spends her time torturing Angel while babbling about honey and eggs. Plus there's some reminiscing about all the horrible things that went down back in the good ole' days what with Angelus ripping out throats and whatnot. Of course he remains shirtless and tied up the whole time.

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
Drusilla's method of torture is pretty fun too. She dumps holy water all over his chest. And, you know, because he's a vampire, it burns. And he screams in agony and makes lots of unhappy faces.

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
But then because he's a bad ass, he taunts Spike with lovely memories of his time with Drucilla.

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
And Spike goes, "GRR! I WILL CHOKE A VAMP!"

David Boreanaz as Angel on Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
But he doesn't because a) choking a vampire won't kill him, b) he needs Angel to fix Dru, and c) Angel's pretty damn important to the show at this point, so yeah. He's going to make it.

David Boreanaz Angel and Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy n Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 2 What's My Line Part 2
So, Spike and Dru fail in killing Angel but succeed in restoring Dru to health. I'm a total sucker for the dude in distress. And I enjoy a tough lady riding in on a white horse and saving the day. Followed by said lady riding the dude on the way out. But Buffy riding Angel is a topic for another post!

1 comment:

  1. Best review ever! I'm dying from the funny and Angel feels too!

    ReplyDelete