Monday, March 12, 2012

Pretty Little Liars: Angsty Is In The Eye of the Beholder

Well. I guess I can't accuse Pretty Little Liars of not having enough guys at this point. I can, however, still accuse them of not having enough attractive guys. Sigh.

Pretty Little Liars ...just standing around casually, guarding the door to the administration office. Keegan Allen Toby
So, Toby's back. Yay? I prefer Wren by about 432% but Toby, technically, is angstier. He's had his heart broken and he's back to being all twisted up with his sister. Apparently. The liars tend to jump to conclusions faster than seems wise.

Lachlan Buchanan as Duncan on Pretty Little Liars
And then this guy. Duncan. Character-wize, if he knew Alison's real name, how did he miss the whole missing-for-a-year-and-then-found-murdered thing? He could have googled her if he was curious. On the dude front, he looks like a ken doll. His hair looks insane and he's wearing an incredibly tight, old-man cardigan. WTF, show? Too bad Lachlan Buchanan didn't use his natural Australian accent. But, silly me, there'd be no Australian guys in Brook Haven.

Keegan Allen as Toby on Pretty Little Liars
Then Toby had a scene with Hanna - which was weird. Have they ever talked? Apparently Toby was just coming from his one time performance as Moritz Stiefel in Spring Awakening and he didn't have time to wash his hair.

Maybe if I imitate the Jolly Green Giant you'll be afraid, and leave me alone to plow your daughter.
Ezra finally grew a pair and told Byron to go screw. Sort of.

Julian Morris as Wren Kingston on Pretty Little Liars
And, Wren. I liked this Wren moment. He seemed to genuinely care if Spencer was into him. But she gave the most ice-princessy response possible.

Of course, a Wren/Spencer relationship should elicit as much drama as the Ezra/Aria relationship OR the freaking Jenna/Garret relationship but the only predator anyone seems to mind is the sweater-vest wearing one.

Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis on Pretty Little Liars
And Jason. His head looked really tiny in this episode.

Pretty Little Liars Jason DiLaurentis Do not mock my tiny head! Drew Van Acker as Jason DiLaurentis
That about sums it up. We're going to learn very soon who A is - although, whoever they pin it on, I'll be waiting for the internet to tell me all the ways in which that person doesn't make sense. I stick by my theory that pretty much everyone is A.

No comments:

Post a Comment