Tuesday, July 3, 2012

True Blood: Sookie and Alcide WHAT?!

ALCIDE. The Alcinator. The Al-Man. Alley Cat. Did you know that Alcide was the french name of Heracles? And thanks to the wondrous world of Wiki, I can tell you that Heracles had, "extraordinary strength, courage, ingenuity, and sexual prowess with both males and females." Awww yeah. 

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up
Alcide has always been fun. He's the only male character I would ever, like, trust to not accidentally kill a toddler and his manly manliness is refreshing in the world of wire-thin supermodel-esuqe vampires. (Orange mocha fappuccinos!)

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up
This week, Alcide got all emotional when he broke the news to Debbie's parents that she was gonesville. Poor Alcide. He needed a hug.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up
He didn't exactly get a hug... but he did get something else when he visited Sookie.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up Anna Paquin Sookie and Alcide
Freakin Sookie. I'm of two minds. First - I like when Sookie makes Eric show an emotion or two. So in theory - they're the couple I'm most interested in seeing happen. However, if I were Sookie, I'd pick Alcide every day of the week and thirty-seven times on Sunday.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up Anna Paquin Sookie and Alcide
Just look at these faces. Yeah, I'd crawl on top of him too.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up Anna Paquin Sookie and Alcide
Drunk Sookie might be the most tolerable Sookie. At least there was actual flirting going on in this scene. And Joe Maganiello is more charming than Bill and Eric combined. Plus he smiles occasionally which is nice to see.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up Anna Paquin Sookie and Alcide
You know what I absolutely love? When Sookie said, "You're in love with me" Alcide's immediate response was "Screw you!" Ha. That's a fun response. And... okay!

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up Anna Paquin Sookie and Alcide
I don't necessarily want Alcide and Sookie to get married and have babies and live happily ever after. But I like when Alcide is relevant to the show, and that seems to only happen when Sookie needs him for something. So I'm okay with them spending time together. The more Joe, the better.

Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux on True Blood Season Five We'll Meet Again Alcide and Sookie hook up Anna Paquin Sookie and Alcide
I also loved the Pam/Eric scene. It was sad and sweet. It makes me think we might be done with their storyline for the time being - and I hope that's not true - but this was super closeurey.

Alexander Skarsgard and Kristen Bauer Van Straten as Eric Northman and Pam on True Blood We'll Meet Again Season Five As Your Maker, I Release You
Alexander Skarsgard and Kristen Bauer Van Straten as Eric Northman and Pam on True Blood We'll Meet Again Season Five As Your Maker, I Release You
Alexander Skarsgard and Kristen Bauer Van Straten as Eric Northman and Pam on True Blood We'll Meet Again Season Five As Your Maker, I Release You
Dear True Blood. Please contain fewer scenes that take place in fairy night clubs and/or contain the most boring vampire council ever. And less Christopher Meloni man-boobage. More Alcide, Eric, and Jason. Sincerely, The Angst Report.

3 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more about Alcide/Joe. He is sex on a stick, and I would take him over Eric, Bill, or even Jason any day of the week (and I loves me some Jason). ;) Plus, like you said, he smiles! And those eyebrows...he is just beautiful. And the fact that he has a personality, integrity, and a heart totally makes him not only one of the more interesting characters on TB, but a more exciting love interest for Sookie. Btw, "Christopher Meloni man-boobage"--I can not stop chuckling at that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, maybe Alcide should just get his own werewolf spinoff show where he fights for justice while also looking for love. I'd totally watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that I could definitely get behind! :)

    ReplyDelete