Thursday, December 20, 2012

Star Trek: Into Darkness

Another trailer post. Because I've been more excited about commercials for movies than I have actual television lately. 

Chris Pine as Captain James Tiberius Kirk in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer Chris Pine J.J. Abrams Chris Pine Star Trek Sequel
I was a huge fan of the first J.J. Abrams Star Trek movie. And let me qualify that by saying, I do not deserve to call myself a huge Star Trek fan in general. So I went into that movie knowing basically nothing about the universe or what was canon.

Chris Pine as Captain James Tiberius Kirk in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer Chris Pine J.J. Abrams Chris Pine Star Trek Sequel
As a person who takes her fandoms very seriously, I totally understand someone who IS a big Star Trek fan hating this slant on things. But I have none of those ties. So I thought the time travel/ new timeline thing was pretty much genius. Now, they can do WHATEVER they want.

Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Anton Yelchin Star Trek Sequel Trailer
I heart all these characters. And I was glad to see glimpses of them in the new trailer. The one teeny tiny thing I'm worried about is the tone. I love a serious movie as much as the next person - but there are some genres that can't step too far into the land of gravitas or I just roll my eyes. Sci-fi space adventures are one of those genres.

Zachary Quinto as Dr. Spock in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer Zachary Quinto J.J. Abrams Spock Star Trek Sequel Into Darkness
So there's Anton Yelchin who I love most in Star Trek but he's also in a really great episode of Criminal Minds. Zarachy Quinto who I've decided I also love most in Stark Trek but you know - American Horror Story REPRESENT. Karl Freakin Urban (that's his legal name) who will forever be Eomer to me (and I met him once!! And I soooo badly wanted to bow and call him Your Highness. But my desire to not be fired won out.)

Karl Urban Leonard McCoy Bones in Star Trek Into Darkness Star Trek Sequel J.J. Abrams Karl Urban Bones McCoy 
Simon Pegg who will probably never find another way onto The Angst Report.

Simon Pegg as Scotty in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer
Harold. Who will be called Harold until he dies - and it's totally his own fault so I'm not even going to apologize.

John Cho as Hikaru Sulu in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer
AND BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH. AHH!!

Benedict Cumberbach Star Trek Into Darkness 2012 Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek Sequel J.J. Abrams Khan? John Harrison Star Trek Cumberbatch
I did a whole Benedict Cumberbatch post once. Which was really a way getting round to the magnificence of Sherlock. But look up awesome in the dictionary and there's a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch there.

Benedict Cumberbach Star Trek Into Darkness 2012 Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek Sequel J.J. Abrams Khan? John Harrison Star Trek Cumberbatch
I'm trying so hard to not have insanely high expectations for this sequel because part of why I loved the original was that I went in expecting nothing. But Star Trek + J.J. Abrams + Benedict Cumberbach just seeeems like it should equal amazingness.

Zachary Quinto Zoe Saldana Dr. Spock Uhura Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer Zachary Quinto J.J. Abrams Spock Uhura Star Trek
Benedict Cumberbach Star Trek Into Darkness 2012 Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek Sequel J.J. Abrams Khan? John Harrison Star Trek Cumberbatch
Look at that hair :)

Chris Pine as Captain James Tiberius Kirk in Star Trek Into Darkness 2013 Star Trek Sequel Trailer Chris Pine J.J. Abrams Chris Pine Star Trek Sequel
Anywho. I'm excited for this one. Chris Pine is lovely to look at too - I feel I should mention him considering he's the star and all. He's also got a super great voice - which BMW and Dreamworks seem to have noticed...  But mostly it's the Cumberbatch I'm looking forward to seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment